Located in Grantham, our client, a well-respected organisation, has an immediate requirement for an experienced project accountant to work with their project teams and involves a high standard of financial and grant management and excellent communication skills.
Your role as a project accountant will involve:
- Creating, controlling, challenging and reviewing financial information for both internal and external reporting
- Maintaining in-house systems
- Creating, maintaining and delivering project budgets
- Providing financial project support to operational and fund-raising teams and direct line management to include identifying fund-raising opportunities and producing budgetary information for external funding bids
- Involvement with monthly management accounts, statutory accounts, compliance, risk registers, project cash requirements etc.
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with the project teams and fund-raisers
- Assisting with the evaluation of projects
The successful project accountant will possess the following attributes:
- AAT qualified, or equivalent (part qualified CIMA, ACCA or QBE)
- Experience of project management support
- Ability to producing management accounts / variance analysis
- First class communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to listen and challenge
- Adaptable and fluid approach to meet the ever-changing demands and requirements of the role
- Clear sense of direction
- Confident, innovative and creative
Additional key words: AAT, MAAT, part-qualified, ACCA, CIMA, Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, management accounts, variance analysis, funding, project accounting, grant management, grant funding, charity.
Naylor George is a recruitment agency working on behalf of a client. We aim to contact all suitable candidates within 2-3 days. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of response we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback to applications that haven’t reached the shortlist – we do however wish you all the best in your search for a new job.