Senior Desktop Engineer
Experienced Senior Desktop Engineer required to take responsibility for the day to day running of the desktop environment and associated technologies within the support team of this Grantham based company providing IT support, cloud, consultation and managed security services to SMEs.
Duties to include:
- Acting as an escalation point, including taking ownership of complex incidents escalated by Service Desk Engineers.
- Providing mentoring, guidance and support.
- Providing a high level of 2nd line/desktop support covering Microsoft Windows technologies as well as some 3rd line support.
- Liaising with Infrastructure support teams and 3rd party support where necessary.
- Automation: creating scripts where possible to improve desktop support processes.
- Assisting with upgrades to software and systems.
- IT project work, working closely with IT Management and senior technicians on technical development.
Previous experience (around 4 years) in a similar position essential. You must also be MCSA qualified or hold equivalent professional qualifications and ideally ITIL foundation level qualification. A valid Full UK driving license is also a must.
Suit professional individual who can demonstrate maturity, enthusiasm and a passion for delivering top quality service along with first class communication skills and a proactive approach to personal development.
The following technical skills are also essential:
- Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/8.1/10)
- Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016)
- Microsoft products including Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365,
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PowerShell/VBScript scripting.
- Antivirus and security products such as bitdefender, Duo mobile, Cisco Umbrella,
- Cisco switching and routing config experience
- VMware vSphere and vCentre
- VEEAM Backup and Replication technology
Naylor George is a recruitment agency working on behalf of a client. We aim to contact all suitable candidates within 2-3 days. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of response we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback to applications that haven’t reached the shortlist – we do however wish you all the best in your search for a new job.