Systems Engineer, our client, a rapidly expanding organisation operating within the retail tech sector, is keen to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic systems engineer to join their Technical Services & Operations teams located within their Northampton based Data Centre.
As an experienced systems engineer you will be responsible for providing 3rd line to support to their ever expanding client base and also assisting internal members of staff.
Duties to include:
- Standard 3rd line support
- Involvement with client projects from a technical angle
- Assisting with solution design and implementation
- Working to exceed customers’ expectations
- Supporting Citrix based environments
The successful systems engineer will ideally possess the following:
- Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA or VMware VCP Certification
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 including NLB and clustering.
- Previous experience of Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Knowledge of VMWare or Hyper-V in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience of patch management deployment/Windows Software update service.
- Good knowledge of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and VLANs.
- Previous experience of supporting Citrix based environments would be preferred.
Additional key words: systems engineer, systems engineering, technical service support, 3rd line support, 3rd tier support, server management, server installation, network management, network design, desktop support, WiFi management, Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Hyper-V, Enterprise environment, patch management, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, VLANs, Citrix.
Naylor George is a recruitment agency working on behalf of a client. We aim to contact all suitable candidates within 2-3 days. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of response we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback to applications that haven’t reached the shortlist – we do however wish you all the best in your search for a new job.